Hannah Fireplaces
ON THIS DAY 63 YEARS AGO: Bangor record a 6-2 league win over Cliftonville at Solitude

Dunloy Match Postponed


Last Man Standing

Bangor Football Club has unveiled a new club crest featuring a traditional seagull, sea and shield emblem with a sweeping centenary banner for this landmark occassion.

There will be a range of events throughout 2018, kicking off this weekend with a 'Last Man Standing' competition. You can join in the fun and show your support for 'The Seasiders' by entering the competition HERE. (All entries must be in by 12:30pm this Saturday)

In April we will launch a Centenary Ballot and in May we will hold a special function where we will re-live the glory of the 1993 Irish Cup Final.

Over the summer there will be an evening with some very special guests and also a special centenary football match.

The floral display beside the main Post Office in Bangor will be dedicated to the Bangor FC Centenary in September. This month will also see the launch of a special Bangor Football Club exhibition at Bangor Museum.

Another highlight of the year will be a special Gala Dinner which will be held in the Marine Court Hotel on Saturday, 6th October 2018.

More information on each of these events and others will be published here in due course.

(Posted: 28th Feb 2018)




Bangor produced an epic finish to claim three valuable points at Scoggy Road this afternoon in an entertaining and feisty match against Newtowne.

The Seasiders got off to a slow start, but managed to take the lead in the 33rd minute when Ben Roy headed in a rebound off the Newtowne keeper after good work from Gerard McMullan. Bangor's lead was short lived and Newtowne levelled matters soon after from the penalty spot.

The game burst into life in the second half when Ethan Boylan slid into a tackle and a melee ensued. The referee stopped the game for several minutes and a player from each side was dismissed - Ethan Boylan was given a straight red.

Newtowne, who had played some tidy football throughout, put together a great passing move a carve open the Bangor defence in the 85th minute and take the lead.

Bangor pressed for an equaliser, but saw several chances go begging. As the clock ran down in injury time, the ball was cleared out to defender Paul Dickson standing 35 yards from goal. He dispatched a speculative lob towards goal that evaded everyone and bounced inside the six yard box and rose up into the back of the net beyond the static Newtowne keeper.

Bangor continued to push for a winner in the dying seconds and a perfectly delivered inswinging corner from Mark Cooling on the right saw Chris Getty (wearing the captain's armband) rise up and power home the winner from close range. The scenes were rapturous.

Chimney Corner 0-6 Glebe Rangers; Cookstown RBL 2-2 Brantwood; Dunloy 4-1 Coagh United; Sofia Farmer 1-2 St. James Swifts

Bangor ran out comfortable 4-0 winners over Chimney Corner at the Bangor Fuels Arena in a second round O'Gorman Cup tie this evening.

Ethan Boylan got Bangor off to a great start when he smashed home a deep cross from Mark Magennis on the right after just 4 minutes. The Seasiders had a setback after 8 minutes when an injured Gareth Beattie had to be carried off the pitch.

Boylan grabbed his second of the game from the penalty spot after 33 minutes after he had been brought down in the area by the Corner 'keeper Wilkinson.

The Seasiders remained on top for much of the second half, but had to wait until the 80th minute to get their third goal - Dale Patton rose highest to head home a Mark Cooling corner-kick from the right.

The lively Ross Craig completed the scoring in the 89th minute when his 25 yard strike found the net off the underside of the crossbar.

Bangor will now have an away fixture in the semi-final of the O'Gorman Cup and will play the winner of the St James Swifts v. Sofia Farmer tie. Date to be confirmed.


NEXT FIXTURE: NEWTOWNE v BANGOR, Saturday, 24th February - Kick Off 2:00pm

TUESDAY'S LEAGUE RESULT: Glebe Rangers 5-2 Sofia Farmer

(Posted: 20th Feb 2018)


Desertmartin Banner

Bangor ran out comfortable 8-0 winners over Desertmartin at the Bangor Fuels Arena this afternoon. The Seasiders were frustrated in the opening quarter, but the floodgates opened after Sammy Devine headed home a Mark Cooling corner in the 27th minute.

A delightful chip from Gerard McMullan in the 37th minute made it 2-0 and Ethan Boylan made it 3-0 four minutes later when he headed in Mark Cooling's corner kick from the right.

A trademark 30 yard strike from Mark Cooling made it 4-0 before Ben Roy scored his first goal for Bangor on the stroke of half-time following some great work from McMullan on the right.

Bangor continued their dominance in the second half and it wasn't long before Ben Roy smashed home a rebound off the keeper for Bangor's sixth in the 55th minute after good work from Mark Magennis. Substitute Ross Craig robbed the Desertmartin 'keeper of the ball and set up fellow sub Keith Armstrong for a simple tap in for Bangor's seventh, before Gareth Beattie broke free on the right in the 78th minute to fire home and complete the rout.

GOALSCORERS: Ben Roy(2), Gerard McMullan, Mark Cooling, Ethan Boylan, Keith Armstrong, Sammy Devine, Gareth Beattie

A big thank you to our match and ball sponsors for Saturday's game: The Hungry Seagulls and Bangor Elim Church.
Our sponsors are pictured below with Man of the Match Ben Roy.
Hungry Seagulls

NEXT FIXTURE TUESDAY NIGHT - Bangor play a second round tie against Chimney Corner on Tuesday evening.

OTHER SCORES: St. James Swifts 2-0 Brantwood, Sofia Farmer 1-1 Cookstown RBL, Dunloy 0-1 Ballynure OB, Chimney Corner 0-9 Newtowne.

Scoreless in Skegoneill


Bangor had to settle for a point in their league match against Brantwood at Skegoneill this afternoon. Despite having the lion's share of possession throughout, Bangor struggled to find a way through a resolute Brantwood defence.

Mark Cooling came closest for the Seasiders in the first half when his 20 yard strike was parried round the post by the Brantwood 'keeper.

The best chance of the game came in the second half when Ethan Boylan's driven shot from the edge of the penalty was also pushed round the post.

A new look Bangor defence of Getty, Dickson and Edgar were comfortable throughout despite the muddy conditions.

Bangor will take on Desertmartin at the Bangor Fuels Arena next Saturday (17th). Match kick off 2:00pm

St. James Swifts 5-0 Cookstown RBL

(Posted: 10th Feb 2018)

Ernie Beattie

We were delighted to welcome former player Reggie Dornan to the Bangor Fuels Arena as a special guest on Saturday afternoon. Reggie, who is the Newcastle United Foundation Disability Football Development Officer was a first team regular for the Seasiders between 1981 and 1999. A talented defender, he picked up a County Antrim Shield medal in 1989 and was part of the 1993 Irish Cup winning squad. Reggie hung up his boots at the age of 40, and after a spell at Dundela, he moved to England to take up his current position at Newcastle United in 2011.

Reggie made the Friends of Bangor draw on Saturday afternoon, and was pictured handing over the prize to the winner Ernie Beattie. Congratulations Ernie! Great to see you back Reggie!

(Posted 4th February 2018)

O'Gorman Cup Progress


Bangor made it through to the quarter final stage of the O'Gorman Cup with a nervy 3-2 win over Ballynure Old Boys at the Bangor Fuels Arena on Saturday afternoon.

An unmarked Keith Armstrong had the simple task of heading Bangor into an 11th minute lead after Ben Roy's lofted ball from the right had glanced off the crossbar. Some nifty footwork from Ross Craig on the edge of the Ballynure penalty area made enough space for him to shoot the Seasiders into a two goal lead after 18 minutes. Bangor looked to be in control of the game, but a miscued defensive clearance at the back post gifted Robert Watson with an easy chance for Ballynure to pull one back in first half injury time.

Bangor 'keeper Darrren Gibbons was forced into making a string of excellent second half saves as Ballynure went in search of an equalizer. However it was the Seasiders who finally found the net in the 86th minute when a defensive mix up gave substitute Gerard McMullan a chance to drill the ball past Adams to give Bangor a 3-1 lead. The game looked to be over, but a 90th minute mis-hit own goal from Gareth Beattie gave Bangor a nervous couple of minutes as Ballynure threw everyone forward in injury time.

MAN OF THE MATCH (Selected by Match Sponsor Jim Kelly): Darren Gibbons

Bangor will play Chimney Corner the Bangor Fuels Arena in the quarter-final stage of the O'Gorman Cup. A date for this fixture has yet to be confirmed.

Bangor are back in action next Saturday when we travel to Skegoneill Avenue to face Brantwood in a league match. Match kick-off 2:00pm.

Cookstown Youth 6-0 Chimney Corner, Cookstown RBL 0-3 Desertmartin

(POSTED 4th February 2018)