Hannah Fireplaces
ON THIS DAY 21 YEARS AGO: A single Philip Rogan goal in a draw against Larne at Clandeboye Park isn't enough to save Bangor from the play-offs against Newry Town

Cookstown RBL


Match Ball Sponsor: The Keyboard Warriors

The Seasiders rounded off their fixtures for 2018 on Saturday afternoon with a hard fought 1-0 victory over Dunloy at the Bangor Fuels Arena. The result ensures that Bangor will remain undefeated in the league as we head in to 2019. Bangor currently sit in second place in the league table, 15 points behind leaders Glebe Rangers, but with six games in hand. St. James Swifts are still very much in the hunt in third place.

Bangor dominated much of the first half play, but faced stubborn resistance in a well organized Dunloy back line. Gerard McMullan and Mark Cooling were both denied by the woodwork while the Dunloy keeper McGilligan did well to deny several first half efforts from the home side.

A trademark 20 yard Mark Cooling free-kick early in the second half finally broke the deadlock and put the Seasiders ahead. Chris Getty headed against the crossbar and substitute Ethan Boylan could only blast straight at McGilligan from close range as the Seasiders struggled to put the game to bed.

Dunloy pressed for an equalizer late in the game, and the Seasiders were only too glad to hear the final whistle.

Bangor Team:
D.Gibbons, C.Getty, G.Beattie, T.Wray, G.McMullan, J.Mallin, M.Cooling, J.Wasson, B.Arthurs(E.Boylan), M.Halliday. Subs: A.Long, A.Calvert, M.Edgar,B.Widdowson

(to be confirmed)

(Posted: Saturday, 22nd December 2018)

Cookstown RBL

DOnegal Celtic

Jack Wasson and Michael Halliday both hit hat-tricks as Bangor ran out comfortable 10-1 winners over Donegal Celtic at the Bangor Fuels Arena on Saturday afternoon.

Jack Wasson finished with a deft chip over the 'keeper to open the scoring after 12 minutes and he doubled his tally 9 minutes later with a neat finish from the edge of the area.

Mark Cooling rifled in a 25 yard free kick after 24 minutes, and Michael Halliday headed in number four just on the half hour mark. Ben Arthurs bustled his way through the DC defence to slide in the fifth just before half-time.

Jack Wasson completed his hat-trick nine minutes into the second half and Michael Halliday followed suit with a quickfire double strike to take the Seasiders tally to eight after 58 minutes. Ben Roy made it 9-0 from close range on the hour mark, before Donegal Celtic were gifted a consolation with eleven minutes remaining. Substitute Ethan Boylan completed the scoring by flicking in a Mark Cooling corner kick with eight minutes remaining.

P.Cairnduff, C.Getty (A.Calvert), G.Beattie, T.Wray, M.Cooling, J.Wasson, P.Dickson, B.Roy, J.Mallin, M.Halliday (A.Long), B.Arthurs (E.Boylan). Subs: B.Widdowson, M.Edgar

Sat, 15th December, Cookstown RBL v. Bangor, @ Cookstown Grammar School, 2:00pm

(Posted: Sun, 9th December 2018)

Match Off

Bangor's match against Chimney Corner was postponed on Saturday morning due to a waterlogged Allen Park pitch. The Seasiders will be back in action next Saturday afternoon when Donegal Celtic visit the Bangor Fuels Arena for a League fixture.
Match kick-off 2:00pm.

Ballymoney United 0-3 Glebe Rangers, Ballynure OB 5-2 Cookstown RBL, Coagh United 3-2 Newtowne, Cookstown Youth 3-2 Wakehurst, Donegal Celtic 2-2 Brantwood.

The Seasiders are in 4th place in the League, 15 points behind leaders Glebe Rangers but with six games in hand.

(Posted: Sat, 1st December 2018)


Bangor began their defence of the O'Gorman Cup on Saturday afternoon with a nervous 4-3 win over Wakehurst at the Bangor Fuels Arena. The Seasiders got off to a blistering start and had sqaundered numerous chances before Ben Arthurs finally bundled the ball over the line for the first goal after 35 minutes. Five minutes into the second half, a mix up in the Bangor defence between Darren Gibbons and Chris Getty gifted Jason Paul with an equalizer for Wakehurst. Bangor went back in front just before the hour mark when Michael Halliday nodded in a Ryan Arthur cross. Halliday repeated that feat five minutes later to extend Bangor's lead to 3-1.

Michael Halliday bagged his hat-trick in the 80th minute when he fired home a Jack Mallin cross on the half volley. At 4-1, the tie appeared to be over as a contest, but when Ryan Arthur was shown a straight red card, the Bangor defence suddenly began to look vulnerable. Wakehurst replied with two quickfire goals and Bangor were left clinging on at 4-3 in the final five minutes.

Bangor Team: D.Gibbons, T.Wray, C.Getty, R.Arthur, M.Cooling, P.Dickson(J.Mallin), J.Wasson, G.McMullan, B.Roy, M.Halliday, B.Arthurs(A.Calvert) Subs: M.Edgar, B.Widdowson, A.Long

Thank you to our Ball Sponsors: Ken Kelly and Jim Kelly.

Sat, 1st December 2018, (BAPIL) Chimney Corner v Bangor, 2:00pm.

(Posted: Sun, 25th November 2018)

18th Newtownabbey

Bangor were made to work hard for their 5-3 Intermediate Cup victory over 18th Newtownabbey OB in Monkstown this afternoon. Ben Arthurs returned to scoring form with a low drive across the keeper after 17 minutes. Bangor's lead lasted until the 25th minute when the homesters drew level from the penalty spot. Mark Cooling then fired home a Bangor penalty on the half hour to given Bangor a 2-1 lead at the interval.

Gerard McMullan extended Bangor's lead to 3-1, ten minutes in to the second half, but two quickfire goals (one a penalty) saw the 18th draw level at 3-3 just after the hour mark. Minutes later, a Ben Roy shot rebounded off the post and ended up in the net via a Newtownabbey defender. Ben Arthurs extended Bangor's lead with a tap in after 65 minutes to make it 5-3.

Bangor had to endure several late scares, with Chris Getty and Gareth Beattie both having to make goal-line clearances.

D.Gibbons, D.Beattie, T.Wray, C.Getty, P.Dickson, J.Wasson, M.Cooling, G.McMullan, B.Roy(A.Long), M.Halliday, B.Arthurs (J.Lucas) Subs: R.Arthur, J.Mallin, A.Calvert.

Bangor have been drawn at home as we begin our defence of the O'Gorman Cup. Wakehurst will be the visitors to the Bangor Fuels Arena for a first round tie next Saturday (24th). Match kick off: 1:30pm.

(Posted Mon, 19th November)


Bangor's match against Newtowne on Saturday has been postponed due to a waterlogged Scroggy Road pitch.

The Seasiders will be in action again on Saturday 17th November when we travel to Cloyne Crescent, Newtownabbey to play 18th Newtownabbey in the second round of the Intermediate Cup.

(Posted: Fri, 9th November 2018)

Crumlin Star

Bangor crashed out of the Tennent's Irish Cup this afternoon with a 5-3 defeat to Crumlin Star at The Cliff.

The Seasiders got off to a poor start, conceding two very early goals. Michael Halliday gave Bangor some hope when he found the net after 15 minutes and Ryan Arthur drew the sides level after 36 minutes when he headed in a Mark Cooling free-kick. Parity was short-lived and Crumlin Star were ahead again within minutes - Miguel Chines headed the ball past Gibbons to make it 3-2.

Bangor fought back well in the second half and Ben Arthurs headed in a long throw from Ryan Arthur after 56 minutes to make it 3-3. Crumlin Star regained their lead with a magnificent goal in the 79th minute and McKervey slotted home a penalty a few minutes later to give Crumlin Star the victory.

Bangor Team: D.Gibbons, C.Getty, T.Wray, R.Arthur, G.Beattie, S.Devine (J.Mallin), M.Cooling, G.McMullan, B.Roy, M.Halliday, B.Arthurs (J.Lucas). Subs: E.Boylan, A.Long, P.Dickson

NEXT MATCH: Newtowne v Bangor (BAPIL), Sat 10th November, Scroggy Road, Limavady

(Posted: Sat, 3rd November 2018)

East Belfast

Bangor's undefeated start to the season came to an abrupt end this afternoon with a 2-0 defeat to East Belfast at the Bangor Fuels Arena.

The East Belfast side outperformed the lacklustre Seasiders team throughout and they fully deserved to progress into the semi-final stage of the competition.

Stephen Cockcroft fired the visitors ahead in the 30th minute with a 25 yard strike and former Seasider Karl Rossborough headed in their second goal seven minutes later.

Bangor did rally in the second half, but rarely troubled the East Belfast goalkeeper.

D.Gibbons, G.Beattie, C.Getty, T.Wray, B.Widdowson(G.McMullan), M.Edgar(J.Mallin), J.Wasson, M.Cooling, A.Calvert(M.Halliday), E.Boylan, B.Nelson Subs: B.Arthurs, P.Dickson

Ballymoney Utd. 4-1 Ballynure OB, Brantwood 2-2 Chimney Corner, Coagh Utd. 1-0 Glebe Rangers, Cookstown RBL 0-2 Cookstown Youth, Dunloy 2-2 Wakehurst, Newtowne 2-0 Donegal Celtic

NEXT MATCH:Sat,3rd Nov 2018 - Crumlin Star v Bangor, Irish Cup, The Cliff, Larne, 1:30pm

(Posted: Sat, 27th Oct 2018)


Bangor ran out comfortable 4-0 winners over Ardstraw in this afternoon's Intermediate Cup first round tie in Newtownstewart. Mark Cooling produced a neat finish from the edge of the area to put the Seasiders in front after 6 minutes. Brandon Nelson found the bottom corner just before half-time to double Bangor's lead. Substitute Gareth Beattie thumped in the third in the 70th minute and Ben Arthurs rolled the ball past Galley to round off the scoring with six minutes remaining.

D.Gibbons, A.Long(G.Beattie), A.Calvert, C.Getty, R.Arthur, P.Dickson, M.Edgar, M.Cooling(B.Arthurs), J.Wasson, B.Nelson, M.Halliday(E.Boylan). Subs: S.Devine, T.Wray

OTHER LEAGUE RESULTS: Donegal Celtic 4-0 Ballymoney United, Glebe Rangers 4-1 Cookstown RBL

NEXT MATCH: Bangor v. East Belfast, Steel & Sons Cup Q-Final, Sat, 27.10.18, Bangor Fuels Arena.

(Posted: Sat, 20th October 2018)


It was a case of stalemate this afternoon as Bangor and Ballymoney United played out a goalless draw at the Bangor Fuels Arena.

Both sides squandered good chances as the teams struggled in the wet conditions.

D.Gibbons, G.Beattie, B.Widdowson, T.Wray, J.Mallin, S.Devine, B.Nelson(B.Roy), A.Calvert(A.Long), G.McMullan, E.Boylan, B.Arthurs (M.Halliday). Subs: C.Getty, R.Arthur

Cookstown Youth 2-5 St. James Swifts, Coagh United 4-0 Ballynure OB, Donegal Celtic ?-? Brantwood, Dunloy 3-1 Cookstown RBL, Newtowne 3-0 Desertmartin, Wakehurst 2-0 Chimney Corner.

NEXT MATCH: Ardstraw v. Bangor, Sat, 20th October, Int. Cup

(Posted: Sat, 13th October 2018)

Bangor made it safely through to the Quarter Final stage of the Steel & Sons Cup with a comfortable 7-1 victory over Shorts FC at the Bangor Fuels Arena this afternoon.

Both Andy Long and Brandon Nelson had hit the Shorts woodwork before Mark Cooling fired Bangor into a 9th minute lead with a well placed 20 yard free-kick.

Bangor had to wait until the hour mark to get their second, Michael Halliday heading in from 6 yards out. Mark Cooling eluded the Shorts defence to place the ball past Thompson in the 64th minute to make it 3-0 and an unfortunate own goal from McCormick four minutes later extended the Seasiders' lead even further.

A well placed Ethan Boylan shot from the edge of the area made it 5-0 to Bangor in the 71st minute and substitute Adam Calvert was on hand to knock in the sixth from close range in the 78th minute.

Mark Cooling grabbed his hat-trick with a beautiful strike that went in off the crossbar to make it 7-0 in the 80th minute. Shorts bagged a consolation goal in the 87th minute when Dummigan shrugged off two defenders to slot the ball past Cairnduff.

P.Cairnduff, G.Beattie, T.Wray, B.Widdowson, J.Wasson (G.McMullan). J.Mallin (S.Devine) , B.Nelson, M.Cooling, A.Long (A.Calvert), M.Halliday, E.Boylan. Subs: R.Arthur, B.Arthurs

UPCOMING FIXTURES: Sat, 13.10.2018 - BANGOR v BALLYMONEY UNITED (BAPL) Bangor Fuels Arena, 2:00PM
Sat, 20.10.2018 - ARDSTRAW v BANGOR (Int Cup), Newtownstewart
Sat, 27.10.2018 - BANGOR v. EAST BELFAST (S& S Cup), Bangor Fuels Arena
Sat, 03.11.2018 - CRUMLIN STAR v BANGOR (Irish Cup)

(Posted: Sat,6th Oct 2018)

MOTMBangor made it through to the next round of the Tennent's Irish Cup this afternoon with a narrow 2-0 home win over a very spirited Banbridge Rangers side.

A super strike from Mark Cooling after 31 minutes gave Bangor the lead. However, Bangor had to wait until the 97th minute to clinch their second - Jack Mallin found himself with enough time and space in the penalty area to smash the ball past Chambers to secure the win.

The Bangor team was: P.Cairnduff, G.Beattie, R.Arthur, B.Widdowson, A.Long, C.Curtis, M.Cooling, J.Mallin, B.Arthurs, M.Halliday. Subs: J.Wasson, E.Boylan, A.Calvert, C.Getty, M.Edgar

G & H Film and Television Services MAN OF THE MATCH: Paul Cairnduff

Next Match: Bangor v Shorts FC, Steel & Sons Cup, Sat,6th October,Bangor Fuels Arena, 1:30pm

(Posted: Saturday, 29th September 2018)

MOTMArds and North Down Borough Council hosted a civic reception at Bangor Castle Town Hall on Thursday evening to celebrate Bangor Football Club's centenary season.

The Mayor of Ards and North Down Borough Council Richard Smart is pictured left presenting a commemorative plaque to Bangor FC Chairman Nicky Davidson.

(Posted: Saturday, 29th September 2018)



Bangor continued their winning start to the 2018/19 BAPIL season this afternoon with a 4-2 win over a much rejuvenated Chimney Corner side.

The Bangor line-up was: P.Cairnduff, G.Beattie, C.Getty, R.Arthur, J.Mallin, M.Cooling, S.Devine, C.Curtis, B.Arthurs, M.Halliday, B.Nelson.
Subs: A.Long, E.Boylan, G.McMullan, A.Calvert, B.Widdowson. With Darren Gibbons nursing an injury, Paul Cairnduff returned to the Bangor line-up for his first competitive fixture in three and a half years.

Corner dominated the early stages and the Bangor defence struggled to cope with their fast breakaways and dynamic movement on set pieces. It was no surprise when Haskins fired past Cairnduff to give Corner a 13th minute lead.

A stunned Bangor side burst into life and Jack Mallin fired past McGrath in the 18th minute to level matters. Mark Cooling drilled home a penalty after Mallin had been tripped to give Bangor a 26th minute lead. Corner fought back and another quick breakaway caught out the Bangor defence in the 30th minute and Robinson made it 2-2.

Ben Arthurs restored Bangor's lead in the 34th minute, nodding in a Mark Cooling corner kick from close range. Arthurs was on target five minutes later when he found time and space in the area to blast the ball past McGrath from 15 yards out.

The second half never really sparked into life, although Corner's manager was given his marching orders for an abusive outburst on the touchline.

Sat, 29.09.2018 - Tennent's Irish Cup - BANGOR v. BANBRIDGE RANGERS, 1:30pm.

(Posted: Saturday, 22nd September 2018)

Bangor made it through to the last 16 of the Steel and Sons Cup this afternoon with a 2-1 win over Glebe Rangers at the Riada Stadium.
The Bangor starting line-up was:
D.Gibbons, G.Beattie, T.Wray, R.Arthur, S.Devine, B.Nelson, M.Cooling, J.Wasson, J.Mallin, M.Halliday, B.Roy

Bangor fell behind to an Ian Christie header after 8 minutes, but hit back in the 24th minute when Mark Cooling drilled home a penalty following a clear trip on Michael Halliday.

Substitute Ethan Boylan scored with his first touch of the season to give Bangor the lead in the 74th minute, glancing in a Mark Cooling free kick.

Bangor were reduced to 9 men following a melee which saw Bangor's Jack Wasson and Ben Roy dismissed, along with Glebe's David Brown.

The nine men of Bangor defended their lead resolutely and in the closing stages Ben Arthurs came close to extending the Seasiders lead.

The Seasiders have been drawn at home to Billy Youle & Mark Magennis' Shorts F.C. in the next round on Saturday, 6th October.

Saturday, 22nd September 2018 - Bangor v. Chimney Corner, BAPL, 2:00pm

(Posted: Sat, 15th September 2018)

Billy BowmanThe newly formed Bangor team played their first ever game and met with Irish Football Alliance champions Crusaders at the Shore Road enclosure.

The Bangor team was: J.Douglas, W.Beattie, F.Patterson, H.Patterson, A.Pollock, S.Lavery, D.Dorrian, J.Caul, W.Bowman, J.Girvan, A.Caul

Bangor won the toss and decided to defend the railway end. Bangor repelled some Crusaders attacks, and from a kick out, Bangor raced their way down to the other end of the field and after a well sustained attack, Dorrian from the outside right position put across a glorious centre for Billy Bowman (pictured left) to net beautifully.

On the restart, Bangor continued to play with great dash and tested the abilities of the home defence to the utmost. The game continued to be played very fast up and down the field. Before the interval, Crusaders drew level despite being repulsed on several occasions by the tip-top Douglas.

In the second half, both teams made great efforts to score, some of the movements were worthy of going a long way to see, and only the excellent defence on both sides prevented a score. Eventually, a melee around the goal gave Crusaders the lead.

The efforts of neither side subsided, and when the long whistle went, Crusaders won by two goals to one. It being admitted on all sides to have been the best game played against the champions of the Alliance this long time.

MATCH REPORT POSTED: Saturday, 14th September 1918

A much changed Bangor side went down 2-0 at home to Lisburn Distillery in a friendly this evening.Michael O'Hanlon gave the Whites a 14th minute lead. Nick Beta made it 2-0 just after the break. Brandon Nelson went close to scoring on two occasions in the second half. Jack Mallin rattled the Distillery crossbar near the end.

Sat, 15th September, GLEBE RANGERS v BANGOR, Steel & Sons Cup, Riada Stadium.

(Posted: Wed, 5th September 2018)

We are pleased to announce that the signing of Luke Fisher was completed before the transfer deadline. The left sided 19 year old joins the Seasiders from Dundela, having previously had spells with Warrenpoint Town, Glenavon and Fleetwood Town.

(Posted: Sun, 2nd September 2018)

Coagh United
Bangor had to come from behind in their game against Coagh United this afternoon to maintain their 100% start to the season. A quickly taken free-kick after 25 minutes caught the Bangor defence napping and James Ferguson slotted home from 10 yards. The Seasiders hit back three minutes later when Ben Arthurs was on hand to prod the ball over the line from Michael Halliday knock down. Michael Halliday put Bangor into a 34th minute lead when he headed in a pinpoint Ben Roy cross from the left.

The Seasiders had to wait until the 83rd minute to extend their lead. Defender Tommy Wray rose highest to head in a Mark Cooling corner-kick. A goal from Batista a few minutes from full-time set up a nervous finish for the Seasiders, but a neat passing move on the right in the 90 minute gifted substitute Brandon Nelson with an easy tap in from a couple of yards out.

Bangor have no match scheduled for next weekend but we are back in action this Wednesday evening when we take on Lisburn Distillery in a friendly match at home. Match kick off 7:45pm.
On Saturday, 15th September we return to the Riada Stadium to take on Glebe Rangers in the Steel & Sons Cup Third Round.

This week, we welcomed back goalkeeper Paul Cairnduff to the Bangor squad. Paul, who suffered a serious leg injury a few seasons ago while playing for Bangor at Solitude re-joins us from 1st Bangor. He will act as a backup 'keeper for Darren Gibbons.

(Posted: Sat, 1st Sep 2018)

Bryansburn Rangers
Bangor were made to work hard for their second round victory at Ballywooley in the Steel and Sons Cup this afternoon. Mark Cooling scored the only goal of the first half, drilling a low ball in from the edge of the area. Bangor increased their lead in the 65th minute when a whipped cross from Mark Cooling on the right was headed home by Ryan Arthur from a few yards out. Mark Cooling netted his second of the game from an inswinging corner kick in the 85th minute - Ryan Arthur helped the ball on its way as it crossed the line.

Both Jack Mallin and Ben Roy took advantage of a tiring Rangers defence in the closing minutes to take Bangor's tally to five for the afternoon.

Bangor have been rewarded with a third round tie away to Glebe Rangers at the Riada Stadium on Saturday, 15th September.

Sat,01.09.2018 - Bangor v. Coagh United (BPIL)
(Posted: Sat, 25th August 2018)

Bangor ran out 5-0 winners over Ballynure Old Boys at Clandeboye Park this evening.

A low strike by Jack Wasson from the edge of the box deceived McIlwaine midway through the first half to give Bangor the lead. Bangor then hit two quick goal just after the break. Mark Cooling drilled a low free-kick through a crowd on 49' and minutes later substitute Michael Halliday opened his account for Bangor by heading in a Cooling corner-kick.

Michael Halliday rolled back the years on 62 minutes when he turned on the edge of the box to rifle in Bangor's fourth goal of the night. Right on full-time, defender Ryan Arthur rose highest to head in Bangor's fifth goal from close range.

Dunloy 0-0 Glebe Rangers; St. James Swifts 13(THIRTEEN)-1 Donegal Celtic;

Bryansburn Rangers v. Bangor, Sat,25th August 2018, Ballywooley, 2:30pm

Bangor have been drawn at home to Banbridge Rangers in the 2nd Round of the Tennents Irish Cup. The tie will be played on Saturday, 29th September.

(Posted: Wednesday, 22nd August 2018)

Bangor made it through to the second round of the Tennents Irish Cup this afternoon with a 2-1 win over Glebe Rangers at the Riada Stadium.

Michael Hunter put the Seasiders ahead with a long range effort after 31 minutes. Glebe were reduced to ten men when Adam Calvert was floored by a wild lunge from Jake Francis.

Ben Arthurs continued his fine scoring run when he prodded in a Jack Mallin cross to make it 2-0 in the 90th minute. Glebe grabbed a late consolation goal when Reid headed past Gibbons deep into injury time.

Wed, 22nd August 2018 - Bangor v Ballynure Old Boys, Clandeboye Park, 7:30pm

(Posted: Saturday, 18th August 2018)

New Signings
Hugh Sinclair has today bolstered his squad by signing three new players. Joining the Seasiders after a spell coaching in China is 28 year old attacking midfielder Colum Curtis. Colum played under Hugh Sinclair at Knockbreda and also had spells with Loughgall and Ards in 2015.

Midfielder Brandon Nelson also joins the Seasiders from H&W Welders where he was part of the U-20 squad that lifted the George Wilson Cup last season.

Finally, veteran striker Michael Halliday has joined the Seasiders from Knockbreda. Michael, who has won every major honour in the local game with Glentoran and Crusaders brings a wealth of experience to the club.

(Posted; Thursday, 16th August 2018)

Bangor made it three league wins out of three this evening with a 3-0 home win over Brantwood

After a frustrating and scoreless first half, The Seasiders finally broke the deadlock in the 63rd minute when Ben Arthurs headed in a deep Ben Roy cross from a yard out.

Substitute Gerard McMullan, who dislocated a finger minutes after coming onto the pitch, returned to the field to win a foot race to the ball and scored into an empty net in the 72nd minute.Ben Arthurs wrapped up the scoring when he tapped in from close range with virtually the last kick of the game.

Donegal Celtic 3-1 Ballynure OB; Wakehurst 1-3 Sofia Farmer; St.James Swifts 5-1 Chimney Corner; Coagh United 3-0 Cookstown RBL

Bangor travel to the Ballymoney to face Glebe Rangers on Saturday in the Irish Cup. Match kick off is 1:30pm.

(Posted: Wednesday, 15th August 2018)

Cookstown Youth
Bangor produced a very solid performance at the Mid-Ulster Sports Arena this afternoon in a 3-0 league win over Cookstown Youth. Darren Gibbons was rarely troubled as the Seasiders dominated the game throughout. A no-nonsense header from Ryan Arthur after 37 minutes gave Bangor a deserved lead, and two minutes later, it looked like Ben Arthurs got the final touch on a Mark Cooling inswinging corner for the second.

Substitute Gerard McMullan secured the victory in the 78th minute when he slid the ball under the advancing Cookstown 'keeper.

Dunloy 0-6 Brantwood; St. James Swifts 4-1 Newtowne; Wakehurst 2-1 Donegal Celtic; Coagh United 1-2 Sofia Farmer; Ballynure OB P-P Cookstown RBL.

Wed, 15.08.2018 - BAPL - Bangor v Brantwood, 7:30pm

(Posted: Saturday, 11th August 2018)

Bangor FC Team Photo August 2018
Bangor kicked of the new season with an entertaining 4-2 league win over Desertmartin at Clandeboye Park this afternoon. Recent signing Jack Mallin gave Bangor a 17th minute lead with a bullet header from an Adam Calvert cross. The lead lasted until the 48th minute when a Shields shot from the edge of the box found the bottom corner of the Bangor net.

Bangor were quick to fight back and were ahead again within a minute - Ben Arthurs headed home a Ben Roy cross. Mark Cooling made it 3-1 from the penalty spot on the hour mark before Adam Calvert headed in Bangor's fourth goal in the 80th minute.

There was a late consolation for Desertmartin when Murray found the bottom corner of Gibbons' net.

Sat, 11.08.2018 - Cookstown Youth v Bangor

(Posted: 4th August 2018)

Bangor have this evening completed the transfer of Ryan Arthur from Knockbreda. The 22 year-old 'no nonsense' defender has previously had spells with Larne, Ards and Carrick Rangers. Welcome to the Seasiders Ryan!

Departing the Seasiders in the last few days is midfielder Mark Magennis. Mark is taking up a new role as Assistant Manager to former Bangor player Billy Youle at Shorts. We wish Mark all the very best in his new role.

Bangor have been given an away tie against Glebe Rangers in tonight's draw for the Tennent's Irish Cup first round. The match, which is a repeat of last season's first round tie is scheduled to take place on Saturday, 18th August 2018.

(Posted: 31st July 2018)

Bangor played out an encouraging 1-1 draw with Dollingstown in this afternoon's friendly at Clandeboye Park. Both sides had to battle against the elements as the weather conditions made life difficult for the players. Adam Calvert volleyed in a Ben Arthurs cross to put the Seasiders ahead in the 80th minute, but the Dollybirds hit back on 87' when a low shot evaded Darren Gibbons dive and crept inside the far post.

Sat, 4th August, BAPL, Clandeboye Park, BANGOR v. DESERTMARTIN

Ben Arthurs and Jack Mallin have today signed for Bangor. Ben, a striker, spent two years with Ards before moving to H&W Welders in January where he scored in the George Wilson Cup Final for the victorious U-20 side. 19 year-old Jack, who scored in the friendly against Carrick Rangers, joins his home town team after a spell with Cliftonville Olympic last season.

(Posted: 28th July 2018)

Carrick RangersBangor wore their new Centenary kit for the first time as they picked up their first win of pre-season over Niall Currie's Carrick Rangers in tonight's friendly at Clandeboye Park.

New signing Thomas Wray headed in the opener for the Seasiders after 22 minutes in a keenly fought encounter. Jack Mallin slammed in a second from 12 yards out three minutes later. Captain Andy Long nodded in a third on 33 minutes after some great work from Ben Roy on the left.

Both Darren Gibbons and Gareth Beattie denied Carrick their opener in what was a frantic series of last ditch tackles and goal line clearances just before half-time.

Mark Cooling hit Bangor's fourth goal two minutes into the second half, before Carrick hit back with two quick Surgeoner goals on 50' and 55'.

The match ended with injury concerns for one of the Carrick player and Bangor's Jordan Lucas.

We were saddened to learn of the passing of Karen Edgar, mother Bangor defender Michael yesterday. Bangor Football Club extends their condolences and support to Michael and the family at this difficult time. A minute's silence was held before tonight's game as a mark of respect.


(Posted: 24th July 2018)

We are pleased to announce that former Bangor defender Thomas Wray has returned to the club. The experienced defender was part of the Bangor squad that lifted the Intermediate Cup in 2014.Thomas rejoins the Seasiders from Championship side Dergview.
Welcome back Tommy!

The Clandeboye Bangor Supporters Club have issued their 2017/18 Chairman's Report. The full report can be downloaded >> HERE <<


(Posted: 23rd July 2018)

Neither side could find the net when Bangor and Ballyclare Comrades met in Tuesday night's pre-season friendly. On a night of few highlights, a breakaway chance from Ballyclare went narrowly wide of Darren Gibbons' right hand post, while a magnificent solo effort in the second half from Seasiders substitute Jack Mallon was pushed away by Comrades keeper Kyle Rowe.

Thursday night's friendly against Ballywalter Rec has been cancelled.
As things stand, our next friendly fixture has been scheduled for Tues, 24th July 2018 - Bangor v. Carrick Rangers, 7:30pm

The first batch of Ballymena and Provincial Intermediate League fixtures have been published and are as follows:

  • 04.08.2018 - Bangor v. Desertmartin
  • 11.08.2018 - Cookstown Youth v. Bangor
  • 15.08.2018 - Bangor v. Brantwood

(Posted: 18th July 2018)

Bangor fell to a 3-0 defeat to full strength Linfield side in the sunshine at Clandeboye Park this afternoon. Jordan Stewart gave the Blues an 8th minute lead and dominated play for much of the first half. Bangor keeper Darren Gibbons pulled off two top class saves to restrict Linfield to a single goal at half time.

Matthew Clarke's low strike deceived Gibbons to double Linfield's lead two minutes into the second half before an Adam Calvert own goal completed the scoring with seven minutes remaining. Bangor's best chance fell to Jordan Lucas who blasted his shot straight at Roy Carroll when clean through in the second half.

A big thank you to today's match sponsor: SURESEAL

Bangor v Ballyclare Comrades, Tuesday, 17th July, 7:30pm @ Clandeboye Park
Ballyclare Comrades

(Posted: 14th July 2018)

Hugh Sinclair unveiled new signing Ally Ferguson earlier in the week. The 18 year old featured and scored in pre-season for the Seasiders last year and spent 2017/18 playing for Groomsport in the Northern Amateur Football League Division 1C. Welcome to the club Ally!

(Posted: 13th July 2018)

Moyola Park
Bangor continued thair pre-season run of fixtures with a 2-1 home defeat to Moyola Park. Mark Cooling gave Bangor a first half lead before Moyola Park hit back with two goals.

Both sides missed a spot kick in the second half.

NEXT MATCH:Sat, 14th July, Bangor v. Linfield, Bangor Fuels Arena, 3:00pm

(Posted: 7th July 2018)

Bangor kicked off their pre-season warm up this evening with a 4-1 defeat to Ards at the Bangor Fuels Arena.

Ben Roy gave the Seasiders an early lead before Ards hit back with four second half goals from Jonny Frazer, Mark Kelly, Sean Noble and Marc McKenna.

Sat, 07.07.2018 - BANGOR v MOYOLA PARK, Pre-Season Friendly, 1:00PM

(Posted: 6th July 2018)

Season Tickets

Bangor FC 2018/18 Season Tickets will be available to purchase on Thursday evening when the Seasiders take on Ards at the Bangor Fuels Arena. Season ticket prices will be the same as last year, having been frozen at £75 adult, £40 concession.

Season tickets offer great value for money as they cover entry to 15 home league matches and all home ties in the 3 League Cup competitions.

We are grateful once again to McKeown's Fish Monger & Poulterer of High Street for sponsoring our season tickets.

STEEL & SONS CUP DRAW: Bangor have been given a bye in the first round of the Steel & Sons Cup. We will be making the short trip to Ballywooley to play Bryansburn Rangers on Saturday, 25th August.

NEXT MATCH: Thu, 5th July, Bangor v. Ards, The Spectator and Chronicle Cup, Bangor Fuels Arena, 7:30pm.

(Posted: 2nd July 2018)


In a change to the pre-season fixture list, Bangor will play Linfield at the Bangor Fuels Arena on Saturday, 14th July, 3:00pm. The away fixture against Ballywalter Rec. has been moved to Thursday, 19th July, 7:00pm kick off.

(Posted: 20th June 2018)

Bangor Football Club has taken control of pitch hire arrangements at Bangor Fuels Arena following the termination of its contract with Sportszone. This action was taken following Sportszone's failure to meet the terms of the contract and its refusal to make any payments to BFC in recent months. Proposals put forward by BFC to resolve this situation were rejected and so we were forced to act to protect our income stream.

The board wrote to Sportszone in October 2017 identifying matters, including non-payment of sums due to the club, which in the board's opinion constituted breaches of the facilities management contract by Sportszone, giving rise to a right of termination of the contract by the club.

Sportszone were afforded a 6 month period to remedy the matters identified to it by the board in accordance with the contract terms. The board pro-actively monitored the situation throughout the six month remediation period. In June 2018, the board resolved that Sportszone had failed to remedy the contract breaches identified to it in October 2017 and consequently proceeded with the termination of the contract on 14 June 2018.

Since the current board gained control last year, we have sought to act in the best interests of BFC at every turn. The encouragement we have received from our supporters and the wider community continues to drive us forward.

The new contact details for pitch hire are:

(Posted: 20th June 2018)

From Saturday 16th June 2018, all enquiries and bookings for the 3G pitch and facilities at Bangor Fuels Arena will be managed by Bangor Football Club.

Any bookings made previously with the managerial company , Sportszone, will be honoured.

New contact details for pitch hire are:

(Posted: 16th June 2018)

Summer Quiz

(Posted: 9th June 2018)

Magennis, Long, Dickson

The full list of the 16 players in the Bangor squad for next season is:
Goalkeeper: Darren Gibbons
Defenders: Chris Getty, Michael Edgar, Brett Widdowson, Gareth Beattie, Andy Long, Paul Dickson
Midfielders/Forwards: Mark Magennis, Jack Wasson, Ross Craig, Jordan Lucas, Ethan Boylan, Ben Roy, Sammy Devine, Gerard McMullan, Mark Cooling.

(Posted: 9th June 2018)

Pre-Season 2018

(Posted: 9th June 2018)

Online Store

We are pleased to announce that Bangor Football Club have joined forces with 442Teamwear for our centenary season. A new range of Bangor FC Centenary merchandise including polo tops, jackets and training gear has been launched. These are all now available to order using the menu link above.


  • CBSC Drew Kelly Memorial Cup - Darren Gibbons
  • Board of Directors Player of the Year - Mark Magennis
  • Board of Directors Young Player of the Year - Michael Edgar
  • Goal of the Season - Gerard McMullan v Coagh United
  • Clubman of the Year - Matt Alexander
  • Top Goalscorer - Ethan Boylan
  • Management Team Young Player of the Year - Jack Wasson
  • Players player of the Year - Gerard McMullan
  • Management Team Player of the Year - Darren Gibbons

(Posted: 2nd June 2018)

Supporters Match

Bangor clinched a narrow 6-5 victory over the supporters team in an epic encounter at the Bangor Fuels Arena this afternoon. The Seasiders struggled to cope with the sheer physical presence of their opponents throughout and in the end had to dig deep to hang on in the closing stages of an 11 goal thriller.

Thoughts now turn to tonight's Awards Dinner in the Bangor FC Social Club.

(Posted: 2nd June 2018)

Jeff Montgomery

Bangor Football Club are pleased to welcome Jeff Montgomery back to the club. A highly qualified and experienced coach, Jeff returns to Bangor's backroom staff for a third spell, having previously worked alongside Garth Scates and Marty Quinn.
Welcome back Jeff!

(Posted: 2nd June 2018)

The club were pleased to reveal on social media yesterday that 13 of last season's squad will be turning out for the Seasiders again next season.
The players who have committed are:
Ethan Boylan, Chris Getty, Jack Wasson, Ross Craig, Jordan Lucas, Michael Edgar, Ben Roy, Sammy Devine, Darren Gibbons, Brett Widdowson, Gareth Beattie, Mark Cooling and Gerard McMullan.

It will great to see them all back next season. More announcements to follow...

(Posted: 31st May 2018)

Voting is now open for the 2017/18 Bangor FC Goal of the Season.

The Seasiders found the net 110 times this season and we have narrowed it down to 12 contenders.

You can view the shortlist and place your vote >> HERE <<. Voting closed on Monday, 28th May. The winner will be announced on Saturday, 2nd June.

(Posted: 27th May 2018)

Hugh Sinclair

Bangor FC manager Hugh Sinclair and assistant Ross Williams will remain in charge of the Seasiders next season.

Bangor FC Chairman Nicky Davidson said: "I am pleased to announce that Hugh and Ross have agreed to remain at Bangor FC. Hugh, Ross and their backroom staff have built something special on the pitch at Bangor and have helped pull everyone together in the new direction of the club. It is a great boost for the board, team and supporters that Hugh and his managerial team will remain in charge and all focus can again be targeted on winning the Ballymena and Provincial Intermediate League and gaining promotion."

Hugh and Ross have already begun the process of speaking to the current playing squad in an effort to build their side for next season.

Further details on this will be announced in the coming days.

(Posted: Fri, 25th May 2018)


A BIG thank you to all the Friends of Bangor as well.

(Posted: 22nd May 2018)

Congratulations to Glebe Rangers who defeated St. James Swifts 1-0 at the Riada Stadium this evening to lift the Ballymena & Provincial Intermediate League title.

A first half strike from Christie was enough to secure the victory for Glebe in a game where St James struck the woodwork on two occasions.

Bangor finished the League season in second place on 58 points, just one point behind Glebe Rangers.

(Posted: Mon, 21st May 2018)

Bangor returned to the top of the Ballymena and Provincial Intermediate League this afternoon with a 3-0 home victory over Dunloy.
On target for the Seasiders were Captain Andy Long (58'), Jordan Lucas (60') and Ethan Boylan (pen)(92').

The focus now turns to the Riada Stadium on Monday evening where a victory for Glebe Rangers over third placed St. James Swifts will see the Ballymoney side lift the title ahead of the Seasiders.

D.Gibbons, P.Dickson, M.Edgar(M.McClean), B.Widdowson, M.Magennis, K.Armstrong(J.Wasson), M.Cooling, A.Long, R.Craig(B.Roy), E.Boylan, J.Lucas

LEAGUE RESULT: St.James Swifts 5-2 Newtowne

(Posted: Sat, 19th May 2018)

As part of the centenary memorabilia exhibition at the North Down museum, the football club is looking for fans to loan interesting artefacts for the retrospective in September and October 2018. These items could include old football kits, photographs and documents that reflect the rich history of the Club since its formation in 1918.

If anyone would like to loan an item for the exhibition could they please email a description of the object before the end of May, with a note of its condition and/or any previous damage, as well as any related information about the history of the object or its significance. A photograph of the item would also help. The email address is centenary@bangorfc.com, or contact any of the Directors.

(Posted: 18th May 2018)

Cookstown RBL

Bangor racked up five goals without reply at a sunbaked Bangor Fuels Arena this afternoon. The goalscorers for Bangor were:
Gerard McMullan, Paul Dickson, Brett Widdowson, Keith Armstrong and Ross Craig.

Brantwood 1-2 Glebe Rangers; Ballynure OB 0-2 Newtowne

Bangor play their final League game of the season on Saturday (19th) when McReynolds Cup winners Dunloy visit to the Bangor Fuels Arena. Match kick off 2:00pm.

(Posted: Sun, 13th May 2018)

Cookstown RBL

League Table

With only a handful of games left, it remains very close at the top of the Ballymena and Provincial Intermediate League.

The remaining fixtures for the top three are as follows:
Sat,12.05.2018: Bangor v. Cookstown RBL ; Brantwood v. Glebe Rangers ; St. James Swifts v. Newtowne
Tues,15.05.2018: Glebe Rangers v. Coagh United
Sat,19.05.2018: Bangor v. Dunloy ; Glebe Rangers v. St. James Swifts

Meanwhile, The McReynolds Cup Final between Dunloy and Coagh United takes place on Friday evening at Allen Park.

(Posted: 10th May 2018)

O'Gorman Cup Final

Bangor captain Andy Long lifted the O’Gorman Cup for Bangor on Friday evening following a dramatic penalty shootout with Glebe Rangers at Allen Park. The match ended in a 2-2 draw, but Bangor romped home 3-0 winners in the penalty shootout.

Neither side took control in a dour and scrappy first half, but Bangor took the lead when McMullan, the Glebe keeper fumbled the ball into the path of Ross Craig who fired into an unguarded net in the 43rd miinute.

Following a spell of intense pressure, Glebel levelled matters in the 75th minute. Bangor were back in front one minute later when Gerard McMullan volleyed home a deft Ethan Boylan cross from 10 yard out.

The Seasiders looked to be heading for a 2-1 victory, but a last gasp injury time goal from Glebe levelled it once again and sent the game into extra time.

Glebe were reduced to 10 men late on, but the stalemate couldn’t be broken in extra time and the game was decided by a penalty shootout. Darren Gibbons was the hero of the shootout, saving the first two Glebe spot kicks while Mark Magennis and Ethan Boylan made no mistake with their efforts. When Glebe’s third penalty went wide of the upright, the decisive spot kick fell to captain Andy Long, who confidently drilled the ball past McMullan to the delight of the bumper Bangor travelling support.

Sat 12.05.2018, Bangor v Cookstown RBL, Bangor Fuels Arena, 2:00pm

(Posted: 4th May 2018)

Congratulations to Mark Magennis who has picked up the Wolseys Player of the Month for March. During March, Mark featured in the home wins over Cookstown Youth (4-3), Chimney Corner(5-1) and Dunloy(3-0) and also in the away game to Sofia Farmer at Castledawson.

His second goal against Cookstown Youth at the Bangor Fuels Arena will certainly be a contender for the goal of the season.

Glebe Rangers 2-1 Cookstown RBL; Cookstown Youth 2-3 Dunloy; Chimney Corner 1-3 Brantwood

League Table

(Posted: 1st May 2018)

Glebe Rangers

Bangor came away from the Riada stadium with a vital 1-0 victory over title chasing Glebe Rangers this afternoon. On a tense afternoon, it was Jordan Lucas who grabbed the crucial goal after 14 minutes, latching on to a Mark Magennis through ball to fire low into the corner of the net.

The Bangor defence stood firm throughout, with Brett Widdowson picking up the Man of the Match award.

Bangor have 2 League games left(Cookstown RBL(H), Dunloy(H)) and have 52 points.
Glebe Rangers have 44 points, but have five games remaining (Cookstown RBL(H), Dunloy (A), Brantwood(A), Coagh United(A), St James Swifts (H)).
St James Swifts have 45 points and have three games remaining, including a final day showdown with Glebe Rangers.

Coagh United 1-1 Newtowne; Desertmartin 3-1 Brantwood; Dunloy 8-2 Sofia Farmer; St. James Swifts 10-2 Ballynure OB

Bangor face Glebe Rangers at Allen Park, Antrim on Friday (4th) in the O'Gorman Cup Final. Match Kick Off 7:00pm

(Posted: 28th April 2018)

Glebe Rangers

St James Swifts

Bangor put on a fantastic team performance in front of a bumper crowd at Donegal Celtic Park this evening, running out 4-0 winners over a well-equipped St James Swifts side.

Captain Andy Long’s bullet header, which crashed in off the crossbar gave Bangor a deserved 20th minute lead. Mark Cooling doubled that lead from the penalty spot ten minutes later after Jordan Lucas was tripped inside the area.

Mark Cooling grabbed his second of the game in the opening minute of the second half when Gerard McMullan slid the ball across the goalmouth for Cooling to slot home Bangor’s third.

St. James were reduced to 10 men in the 53rd minute when midfielder Gary Dorrian slid in late on Gerard McMullan and received his second yellow of the match.

Jordan Lucas completed the scoring by finishing off a neat move in the 72nd minute.

Our attentions now turn to the next match on Saturday when we travel to Ballymoney for a showdown with Glebe Rangers at the Joey Dunlop Centre. Second placed Glebe are hot on the heels of the Seasiders in the league table - they are 5 points behind with 3 games in hand.

(Posted: 24th April 2018)

OGorman Cup

Bangor made it through to the final of the O'Gorman Cup this afternoon, winning 4-3 on penalty kicks after a 1-1 draw with St. James Swifts at Woodlands Playing Fields. Bangor will now face Glebe Rangers in the Cup Final which is due to be played at Allen Park, Antrim on Friday 4th May.

A fairly uneventful first half burst into life in the 38th minute when Sammy Devine received his marching orders for a second yellow card offence. Four minutes later, the lively Ross Craig broke free on the left and produced a magnificent angled shot into the top corner of Maybin's net to give Bangor the lead.

Darren Gibbons was rarely troubled in the second half, but some slack marking from a corner kick in the 82nd minute gifted Gary Dorrian with an easy headed goal from close range.

Swifts defender Kyle Reid saw red late in the first period of extra time for a reckless challenge on Mark Cooling - Cooling clipped the crossbar with the resultant free-kick.

On target for Bangor in the shootout were Andy Long, Brett Widdowson, Gareth Beattie and Michael Edgar - Mark Cooling and Michael McClean saw their efforts saved. The decisive kick fell to Maybin, the Swifts goalkeeper, who blasted his effort high and wide of the target.

Bangor travel to Donegal Celtic Park, Belfast on Tuesday evening to face St. James Swifts once again, this time in a vital League fixture.
Match kick-off: 7:00pm.

Ballynure OB 2-0 Cookstown RBL, Desertmartin 2-3 Cookstown Youth, Coagh United 11(ELEVEN)-0 Sofia Farmer.

(Posted: 21st April 2018)

Quiz Night

Bangor Football Club will be holding a Quiz Night in Bangor Rugby Club on the evening of Friday, 27th April. The hosts for the evening will be Noel 'Quizmaster' Riddle and his two glamorous assistants - Paul 'Puzzell' and Mitch the Musicman.

Entry is £5 per person and questions start at 8:00pm sharp! (Please note the venue is Bangor Rugby Club).


(Posted: 15th April 2018)

Glebe Rangers

Bangor lost out on a chance to reach the Crawford Cup Final this afternoon, losing to Glebe Rangers in a penalty shootout.

Mark Cooling opened the scoring with a well struck 27th minute free-kick, but Dobbin levelled it for Glebe with nine minutes remaining in normal time.

Substitute Jordan Lucas pounced on a Glebe defensive mistake four minutes into extra-time to give Bangor the lead, the game was tied five minutes from the end when Nichol rose highest to head home another equalizer.

Michael Edgar and Mark Cooling were on target for the Seasiders in the shootout while Keith Armstrong blasted over and Sammy Devine saw his effort saved.

Brantwood 1-1 Cookstown Youth; Cookstown RBL 3-2 Dunloy; Desertmartin 3-1 Chimney Corner


  • 21.04.2018 - St. James Swifts v. Bangor, O'Gorman Cup Semi-Final, Woodlands,2:00PM.
  • 24.04.2018 - St. James Swifts v. Bangor, BAPIL, Donegal Celtic Park, TBC.
  • 28.04.2018 - Glebe Rangers v. Bangor, BAPIL, Riada Stadium, 2:00PM.

(Posted: 14th April 2018)

Following a successful protest, Bangor have tonight been awarded a 3-0 victory over Sofia Farmer who played an ineligible player in the league game at Mill Meadow on Saturday, 17th March 2018.

(Posted: 9th April 2018)

Cookstown Youth

Bangor ran out 5-1 winners over Cookstown Youth at the Mid-Ulster Sports Arena this afternoon. On target for the Seasiders were Ben Roy, Mark Cooling, Ethan Boylan(2) and Gerard McMullan.

Bangor started brightly and Ben Roy gave them the lead after 19 minutes. Ethan Boylan had rounded the keeper, but saw his finish come back off the upright. Andy Long picked up the rebound and crossed for Roy to smash home from close range.

Once ahead, Bangor eased off and were punished on the half hour when a 20 yard strike arrowed into the corner of Darren Gibbons net.

Bangor stepped up a gear in the second half and went in to a 2-1 lead on the hour when a looping Andy Long cross from the right saw several players clatter into the frame of the goal - the ball ended up in the back of the net via the upright and Ethan Boylan's back.

Substitute Mark Cooling made it 3-1 two minutes later when he delivered a trademark 22 yard free-kick into the corner of the Cookstown net. Bangor were now in complete control and it was no surprise when Ethan Boylan blasted home a rebound from a Magennis cross on 74 minutes to make it 4-1.

Two minutes from time, substitute Gerard McMullan cut inside from the left and unleashed a magnificent dipping strike from 20 yards to round off what was an impressive second half performance from the Seasiders

Saturday, 14th April, BANGOR v. GLEBE RANGERS, Bangor Fuels Arena, Crawford Cup Semi-Final, 2:00pm

OTHER LEAGUE RESULTS: Brantwood 4-3 Dunloy; Chimney Corner 3-3 Cookstown RBL; Desertmartin 0-2 St. James Swifts

Centenary Ballot Draw Results:

  • 1. Merchant Hotel - B&B for two - Gerard McMullan (0047)
  • 2. Carnalea Golf Club - Fourball - Walter (McKeowns Fish Shop)
  • 3. Marine Court Hotel - Pool & Gym voucher - Ivor McGucken
  • 4. BFC Matchday Experience - Dylan Greer
  • 5. Nicholas Graham Aveda - Haircut & Blowdry - Graham Bailie
  • 6. Spectator Newspaper Mobile App 1 Year - Anne-Marie Stuart
  • 7. Lightyear Plumbing - Gas or Oil Boiler Service - JPodbylsis (0830)
  • 8. Dunlop Motorsport - £50 Garage Service - Anna (0643)
  • 9. Jenny Watts - Dinner for 2 - Gemma O'Driscoll
  • 10. 6 Bottles of Wine - Gill (1247)

Thanks to everyone for your support!
(Posted: 7th April 2018)


Bangor made it through to the semi-final stage of the Crawford Cup with a 3-0 win over Dunloy at the Bangor Fuels Arena this afternoon.

On target for the Seasiders were Ben Roy(2) and Dale Patton.

OTHER LEAGUE RESULTS: (Fri) Glebe Rangers 3-1 Brantwood; (Sat) Cookstown RBL 1-2 Newtowne; (Sat) Chimney Corner 2-4 Desertmartin

NEXT FIXTURE (B&PIL): Cookstown Youth v Bangor, Saturday, 7th April 2018, 2:00pm

Chimney Corner

Bangor bounced back from the disappointment of last Saturday's defeat to Sofia Farmer with a convincing 5-1 victory over Chimney Corner at the Bangor Fuels Arena last night.

Substitute Keith Armstrong opened the scoring after 11 minutes when he rose highest to head in a Mark Magennis free-kick. Bangor got their second goal two minutes later when a Gerard McMullan strike was controversionally judged to have crossed the line.

A hopeful long ball from Brett Widdowson somehow found the back of the net in the 59th minute, before Corner pulled one back when Toner bundled in a rebound from a penalty kick. Ethan Boylan flicked in a Mark Magennis corner kick in the 66th minute for Bangor's fourth and Gerard McMullan completed the rout in the 75th minute when he converted a Ben Roy cross.

MAN OF THE MATCH: BEN ROY - As chosen by our Match sponsors G&H Film and Television Services Ltd. and Alan Corbett.

OTHER LEAGUE RESULTS: Dunloy 1-4 St.James Swifts; Sofia Farmer 1-2 Desertmartin; Coagh United 2-4 Glebe Rangers.

Bangor will be at home to Dunloy in the third round of the Crawford Cup on Saturday 31st March - (Kick-off 2:00pm). The following Saturday (7th), we travel to play Cookstown Youth in a League match.

Sofia Farmer

An ‘out of sorts’ Bangor side fell to their first defeat in over 4 months at a chilly Mill Meadow on Saturday afternoon. Luis Dias thundered a very creative Sofia Farmer side into a 16th minute lead with a shot from just outside the penalty area that flew past Gibbons. Slack defending from a corner in the 34th minute gifted Sofia with their second goal.  Bangor rallied and in the 40th minute Gerard McMullan blasted a shot in from the edge of the area to make it 2-1 to Sofia Farmer at half time.

Bangor dominated much of the play after the break with Gerard McMullan and Ben Roy both going close for the Seasiders. Disaster struck in the 55th minute when the curiously numbered Rui Lanzinhas raced down the left flank and unleashed a shot that zeroed its way into the far corner of Gibbons' net to make it 3-1.

Bangor rallied once again and a rare moment of quality passing saw Mark Cooling convert an easy chance from close range in the 70th minute. With the score at 3-2, Bangor pushed for an equaliser, but a combination of poor Bangor finishing and some last gasp Sofia Farmer defending in the closing stages ensured that there was no further scoring on the pitch.

Chimney Corner 1-2 St. James Swifts; Desertmartin 0-4 Dunloy; Glebe Rangers 4-1 Ballynure OB

Bangor are back in action on Friday (23rd) evening when Chimney Corner visit the Bangor Fuels Arena for a league match. Match kick off 7:45pm.

Cookstown Youth

Bangor were made to work hard for their 4-3 victory over Cookstown Youth at a rain soaked Bangor Fuels Arena this afternoon. The Seasiders found themselves a goal down after 7 minutes when a moment of hesitation in the Bangor defence following a throw-in presented Malkie with an easy chance to score for Cookstown. Bangor captain Andy Long levelled it on 19 minutes when he rose highest to get on the end of Mark Cooling's cross from the right. Bangor's joy was short-lived - O'Neill's spectacular strike from the edge of the box 2 minutes later flew into the top corner of the net, giving Gibbons no chance.

Things went from bad to worse in the 40th minute when more slack defending allowed Glasgow to unleash another pinpoint strike which once again gave Gibbons no chance and sent Cookstown into a 3-1 lead.

Bangor fought back and just before the break, Mark Magennis was presented with a one-on-one chance against the keeper and made no mistake.

The Seasiders trailed 3-2 at the break, but came out all guns blazing in the second-half. Ben Roy was quickest to react when the Cookstown keeper spilled a shot in the 47th minute - Roy's closerange effort went in off the upright.

A couple of minutes later, Man of the Match, Mark Magennis spotted the Cookstown keeper off his line and floated a perfectly struck 40 yard shot over his head and into the net.

The hard working Dale Patton and substitute Gerard McMullan both went close for the Seasiders in the second half, but there was no further scoring. In the end, Bangor were very relieved to hear the final whistle.

Today's Man of the Match was selected by our Match and Ball Sponsors - The Keyboard Warriors.

Coagh United 1-1 St. James Swifts; Cookstown RBL 8-0 Chimney Corner; Newtowne 3-1 Brantwood; Dunloy 4-0 Desertmartin.

NEXT MATCH: Saturday, 17th March: Sofia Farmer v. Bangor, BAPIL, 2:00pm

Dunloy Match Postponed


Dunloy Match Postponed


Last Man Standing

Bangor Football Club has unveiled a new club crest featuring a traditional seagull, sea and shield emblem with a sweeping centenary banner for this landmark occassion.

There will be a range of events throughout 2018, kicking off this weekend with a 'Last Man Standing' competition. You can join in the fun and show your support for 'The Seasiders' by entering the competition HERE. (All entries must be in by 12:30pm this Saturday)

In April we will launch a Centenary Ballot and in May we will hold a special function where we will re-live the glory of the 1993 Irish Cup Final.

Over the summer there will be an evening with some very special guests and also a special centenary football match.

The floral display beside the main Post Office in Bangor will be dedicated to the Bangor FC Centenary in September. This month will also see the launch of a special Bangor Football Club exhibition at Bangor Museum.

Another highlight of the year will be a special Gala Dinner which will be held in the Marine Court Hotel on Saturday, 6th October 2018.

More information on each of these events and others will be published here in due course.

(Posted: 28th Feb 2018)




Bangor produced an epic finish to claim three valuable points at Scoggy Road this afternoon in an entertaining and feisty match against Newtowne.

The Seasiders got off to a slow start, but managed to take the lead in the 33rd minute when Ben Roy headed in a rebound off the Newtowne keeper after good work from Gerard McMullan. Bangor's lead was short lived and Newtowne levelled matters soon after from the penalty spot.

The game burst into life in the second half when Ethan Boylan slid into a tackle and a melee ensued. The referee stopped the game for several minutes and a player from each side was dismissed - Ethan Boylan was given a straight red.

Newtowne, who had played some tidy football throughout, put together a great passing move a carve open the Bangor defence in the 85th minute and take the lead.

Bangor pressed for an equaliser, but saw several chances go begging. As the clock ran down in injury time, the ball was cleared out to defender Paul Dickson standing 35 yards from goal. He dispatched a speculative lob towards goal that evaded everyone and bounced inside the six yard box and rose up into the back of the net beyond the static Newtowne keeper.

Bangor continued to push for a winner in the dying seconds and a perfectly delivered inswinging corner from Mark Cooling on the right saw Chris Getty (wearing the captain's armband) rise up and power home the winner from close range. The scenes were rapturous.

Chimney Corner 0-6 Glebe Rangers; Cookstown RBL 2-2 Brantwood; Dunloy 4-1 Coagh United; Sofia Farmer 1-2 St. James Swifts

Bangor ran out comfortable 4-0 winners over Chimney Corner at the Bangor Fuels Arena in a second round O'Gorman Cup tie this evening.

Ethan Boylan got Bangor off to a great start when he smashed home a deep cross from Mark Magennis on the right after just 4 minutes. The Seasiders had a setback after 8 minutes when an injured Gareth Beattie had to be carried off the pitch.

Boylan grabbed his second of the game from the penalty spot after 33 minutes after he had been brought down in the area by the Corner 'keeper Wilkinson.

The Seasiders remained on top for much of the second half, but had to wait until the 80th minute to get their third goal - Dale Patton rose highest to head home a Mark Cooling corner-kick from the right.

The lively Ross Craig completed the scoring in the 89th minute when his 25 yard strike found the net off the underside of the crossbar.

Bangor will now have an away fixture in the semi-final of the O'Gorman Cup and will play the winner of the St James Swifts v. Sofia Farmer tie. Date to be confirmed.


NEXT FIXTURE: NEWTOWNE v BANGOR, Saturday, 24th February - Kick Off 2:00pm

TUESDAY'S LEAGUE RESULT: Glebe Rangers 5-2 Sofia Farmer

(Posted: 20th Feb 2018)


Desertmartin Banner

Bangor ran out comfortable 8-0 winners over Desertmartin at the Bangor Fuels Arena this afternoon. The Seasiders were frustrated in the opening quarter, but the floodgates opened after Sammy Devine headed home a Mark Cooling corner in the 27th minute.

A delightful chip from Gerard McMullan in the 37th minute made it 2-0 and Ethan Boylan made it 3-0 four minutes later when he headed in Mark Cooling's corner kick from the right.

A trademark 30 yard strike from Mark Cooling made it 4-0 before Ben Roy scored his first goal for Bangor on the stroke of half-time following some great work from McMullan on the right.

Bangor continued their dominance in the second half and it wasn't long before Ben Roy smashed home a rebound off the keeper for Bangor's sixth in the 55th minute after good work from Mark Magennis. Substitute Ross Craig robbed the Desertmartin 'keeper of the ball and set up fellow sub Keith Armstrong for a simple tap in for Bangor's seventh, before Gareth Beattie broke free on the right in the 78th minute to fire home and complete the rout.

GOALSCORERS: Ben Roy(2), Gerard McMullan, Mark Cooling, Ethan Boylan, Keith Armstrong, Sammy Devine, Gareth Beattie

A big thank you to our match and ball sponsors for Saturday's game: The Hungry Seagulls and Bangor Elim Church.
Our sponsors are pictured below with Man of the Match Ben Roy.
Hungry Seagulls

NEXT FIXTURE TUESDAY NIGHT - Bangor play a second round tie against Chimney Corner on Tuesday evening.

OTHER SCORES: St. James Swifts 2-0 Brantwood, Sofia Farmer 1-1 Cookstown RBL, Dunloy 0-1 Ballynure OB, Chimney Corner 0-9 Newtowne.

Scoreless in Skegoneill


Bangor had to settle for a point in their league match against Brantwood at Skegoneill this afternoon. Despite having the lion's share of possession throughout, Bangor struggled to find a way through a resolute Brantwood defence.

Mark Cooling came closest for the Seasiders in the first half when his 20 yard strike was parried round the post by the Brantwood 'keeper.

The best chance of the game came in the second half when Ethan Boylan's driven shot from the edge of the penalty was also pushed round the post.

A new look Bangor defence of Getty, Dickson and Edgar were comfortable throughout despite the muddy conditions.

Bangor will take on Desertmartin at the Bangor Fuels Arena next Saturday (17th). Match kick off 2:00pm

St. James Swifts 5-0 Cookstown RBL

(Posted: 10th Feb 2018)

Ernie Beattie

We were delighted to welcome former player Reggie Dornan to the Bangor Fuels Arena as a special guest on Saturday afternoon. Reggie, who is the Newcastle United Foundation Disability Football Development Officer was a first team regular for the Seasiders between 1981 and 1999. A talented defender, he picked up a County Antrim Shield medal in 1989 and was part of the 1993 Irish Cup winning squad. Reggie hung up his boots at the age of 40, and after a spell at Dundela, he moved to England to take up his current position at Newcastle United in 2011.

Reggie made the Friends of Bangor draw on Saturday afternoon, and was pictured handing over the prize to the winner Ernie Beattie. Congratulations Ernie! Great to see you back Reggie!

(Posted 4th February 2018)

O'Gorman Cup Progress


Bangor made it through to the quarter final stage of the O'Gorman Cup with a nervy 3-2 win over Ballynure Old Boys at the Bangor Fuels Arena on Saturday afternoon.

An unmarked Keith Armstrong had the simple task of heading Bangor into an 11th minute lead after Ben Roy's lofted ball from the right had glanced off the crossbar. Some nifty footwork from Ross Craig on the edge of the Ballynure penalty area made enough space for him to shoot the Seasiders into a two goal lead after 18 minutes. Bangor looked to be in control of the game, but a miscued defensive clearance at the back post gifted Robert Watson with an easy chance for Ballynure to pull one back in first half injury time.

Bangor 'keeper Darrren Gibbons was forced into making a string of excellent second half saves as Ballynure went in search of an equalizer. However it was the Seasiders who finally found the net in the 86th minute when a defensive mix up gave substitute Gerard McMullan a chance to drill the ball past Adams to give Bangor a 3-1 lead. The game looked to be over, but a 90th minute mis-hit own goal from Gareth Beattie gave Bangor a nervous couple of minutes as Ballynure threw everyone forward in injury time.

MAN OF THE MATCH (Selected by Match Sponsor Jim Kelly): Darren Gibbons

Bangor will play Chimney Corner the Bangor Fuels Arena in the quarter-final stage of the O'Gorman Cup. A date for this fixture has yet to be confirmed.

Bangor are back in action next Saturday when we travel to Skegoneill Avenue to face Brantwood in a league match. Match kick-off 2:00pm.

Cookstown Youth 6-0 Chimney Corner, Cookstown RBL 0-3 Desertmartin

(POSTED 4th February 2018)



NewsCongratulations to striker Ethan Boylan who picked up the Wolsey's Player of the Month Award for December. Ethan bagged three crucial goals in our games against Glebe Rangers and Coagh United back in December.

Bangor will play Ballynure O.B. at the Bangor Fuels Arena next Saturday (3rd February) in the O'Gorman Cup. Match Kick-off 1:30pm.

(POSTED: 27th January 2018)

Dickson and Roy

We are pleased to announce the addition of two new faces to the Bangor squad. 28 year old striker Ben Roy joins the Seasiders from Carrick Rangers. Ben was part of the Carrick Rangers Championship One winning side and also finished as the league's top scorer in the 2013/14 season while playing for Dundela.

Also joining the Seasiders is the experienced Paul Dickson. Paul has been a first team regular at H & W Welders for many years and has over 200 appearances under his belt for the east Belfast side.

We welcome both players to the Bangor Fuels Arena.

(POSTED: 20th January 2018)

Rossborough heads back to DC

Today we say farewell to midfielder Karl Rossborough who has opted to re-join his former club Donegal Celtic in the Bluefin Premier Intermediate League.

Karl joined the Seasiders back in August and quickly become a popular first team regular. Karl didn't manage to find the net during his time at Bangor, but came close at Dunloy and Desertmartin We wish him well for the future and thank him for his efforts this season.

(POSTED: 16th January 2018)

Help us find a missing parrot

Messi is a parrot who recently escaped from his owner's home in Newtownabbey. He had been spotted in the Merville/Shore Road area of Belfast before heading out across Belfast Lough towards the bright lights of Bangor.

Messi was reportedly sighted in the Bangor area earlier today and his owner Mr McHugh has asked us to spread the word about his missing parrot. We are only too glad to help. Please get in touch with us HERE if you have seen the missing parrot.


(POSTED: 14th January 2018)


Brett WiddowsonBangor progressed into the next round of the Crawford Cup with narrow 1-0 win over FC Whiteabbey at the Bangor Fuels Arena this afternoon. Hugh Sinclair made a number of changes to his starting line-up, with Craig, Patton, Cooling and Armstrong all featuring.

Ross Craig produced the decisive strike in the 33rd minute after being set up by Andy Long.

We are delighted to announce that defender Brett Widdowson has returned to the club. Brett progressed through the Bangor ranks and made his first team debut in the 2015/16 season before departing last summer. Welcome back Brett!

St. James Swifts 1-2 Glebe Rangers, Desertmartin 2-2 Coagh United, Sofia Farmer 4-3 Cookstown Youth, Chimney Corner 0-8 Dunloy.

Bangor remain top of the league, but have played more games than most other sides. Full League table HERE


(POSTED: 13th January 2018)


Mark Cooling
We are delighted to confirm that midfielder Mark Cooling has re-joined Bangor.

Mark returns to the Seasiders for a second spell after first joining in January 2013 when he scored 39 goals in three and a half seasons. Mark scored the first ever competitive goal on an artificial surface at Clandeboye Park and was part of the Bangor team that lifted the Intermediate Cup in 2014.

Welcome back to Bangor Mark!


(POSTED: 3rd January 2018)

With the January transfer window now open, we say farewell to both Niall Atkinson and Neil Graham. Both players joined the Seasiders last summer but have had limited game time in recent weeks.

Niall found the net once this season, scoring Bangor's third goal with a delightful lob in a 3-0 victory over Cookstown RBL at Beechway. He re-joins his former club Knockbreda.
Neil was also on target once, coming off the bench to score Bangor's seventh in a victory over Chimney Corner at Allen Park in October. Neil will be joining Albert Foundry.

We would like to express our thanks to both players and we wish them every success at their new clubs.

(POSTED: 3rd January 2018)